Make an Impact
Whether you're part of an existing group that would like to combine your efforts with others for a greater impact, or a caring individual who wants to make a difference - there is a place for you to influence your community in a positive way right now!
Community Event Survey
Help assess the risk of underage drinking at community events. Print this form and take it with you to an event you're attending, then either mail it to us or come back to fill it in and submit it online. Thank you!!
Helping to connect parents who have agreed to not let anyone under the age of 21 drink in their home or on their property.
Use and Promote Refrigerator Locks
...on any refrigerator where alcohol is stored.
Life of an Athlete
Lessons learned from the 2011 Eau Claire County Life of an Athlete presentations helped us see how important it is that we work together to talk about alcohol and drug use not just among our athletes, but with all young people. Community Action Teams (CATs) are working with schools and other community partners to help as many people as possible learn about Life of an Athlete research, and use it to help both students and parents understand the impact of alcohol and drug use. We need your energy and ideas to make the most of Life of an Athlete in our schools and communities. We invite you join your local CAT in their work!
Click here to see when the CAT in your community meets next.
Click here to learn more about Life of an Athlete.
Get Involved as much or as little as you like...
- Write a letter to the editor (1 hour)
- Call your legislator (15 minutes)
- Join your local Community Action Team (2 hours per month)
- Represent your business/organization at the Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention quarterly meetings (3 hours every 3rd month)
- Display the Investing in Alcohol-Free Youth brochures in your place of business
(15 minutes to pick up or print)
- Ask us for a PowerPoint Show to run in your waiting room or other place of business. (30 minutes)