The Reality Check 21 Partnership programs are planned and carried out by a county-wide network of over 100 volunteers. Programs are based on county data and proven effective by research.
Reality Check 21 Partnership Programs:
- Parents Who Host Lose the Most Campaign summary | more info
- Parents Connecting Network & Directory summary | more info
- Compliance Checks summary | more info
- Policy & Practice Changes summary | more info
- Life of an Athlete summary | more info
- Youth Advocacy summary | more info
Our community has the power and know-how to reduce youth alchol use. The Reality Check 21 Partnership has made progress over 7 years involving home, school and community.
Progress made in 7 years:
- More parents feel it's wrong for youth to use alcohol
- More youth feel it's wrong for youth to use alcohol
- Fewer youth think alcohol is easy to get
- Average age of first alcohol use is up from 12 to 13
- About 1500 fewer youth report drinking alcohol
Help Reality Check 21 to Remain Strong and Active
Reality check 21 needs to remain strong and active into the foreseeable future to realize change over generations. In the long run, change will protect our kids, reduce the costs of underage drinking and create a healthier workforce.
Your support is needed to protect our kids.
As part of the Reality Check 21 Partnership, Community Action Teams (CATs) provide an opportunity for people in Altoona, Augusta, Eau Claire and Fall Creek to work on local issues related to underage drinking. CATs also promote countywide initiatives such as “Parents Who Host Lose the Most: Don’t be a Party to Teenage Drinking” and "Life of an Athlete" in their communities.
Click here to see how the Reality Check 21 Partnership and the Community Action Teams fit into the Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention.
Scheduled CAT Meetings
Fall Creek: Community Action Team meets every six weeks on Mondays, usually from 4:45-5:45pm
Eau Claire: Community Action Team meets monthly on Tuesdays, usually from 4:15-5:15pm
Municipal Alcohol Policies: Action Team meets every 3rd Wednesday at noon
Altoona: Community Action Team meeets monthly on Thursdays, usually from 3:30-4:30pm
Augusta: Community Action Team meets every six weeks on Mondays, usually from 6:00-7:00pm
Please contact Reality Check 21 Coordinator Kristin Hildebrand for specific dates and times for the CAT in your community.
The Reality Check 21 Partnership and its initiatives are supported by the Drug Free Communities Program, SPF SIG, in-kind contributions and community donations.